Monday, March 13, 2017

Thank you for the "One Lovely Blog Award"....It's all about Collaboration, Communication, & Support!

On September 28, 2014, I received a very nice surprise and one I never expected being new to the blogging community.  I was nominated for the "One Lovely Blog Award" by my new found DNA Cousin, Bernita Allen author of "Voices Inside my Head".  http://alhupartu.blogspot.com/  In addition to Cousin Bernita's nomination, I was also nominated by Tracey Hughes, author of "Tracey's Tree". http://traceystree.blogspot.com/




I never created a post for the "One Lovely Blog Award" in 2014 but today I thought to myself, there's no better time than the present to jump start another round of recognizing many who are pioneers in their own right in the genealogy community.  I want to give a special Thank you to both  Cousin Bernita and Tracey as I am just as honored today as I was in 2014 and humbled to be nominated by you both.  Anyone reading Cousin Bernita and Tracey's blogs will find them both amazing, interesting and very informative as well as give you a sense of pride and love for the Ancestors.



Here are the rules for this award:
   1.  Thank the person who nominated you and link to that blog.
   2.  Share seven things about yourself.
   3.  Nominate 15 bloggers you admire (or as many as you can think of!)
   4.  Contact your bloggers, let them know that you've tagged them for the One Lovely Blog Award.

Seven Things About Me:
   1.  I have been in Ministry since February 1995 and Pastoring since December 2014.
   2.  I am considered the walking family tree.
   3.  I love reading history.
   4.  My son Isaiah is named for my favorite book in the Bible.
   5.  I love walking through cemeteries (for me, it's connecting with the Ancestors).
   6.  I love movies and have a huge movie collection.
   7.  I am the father of 9 children.

15 Bloggers I Admire:
There are so many awesome genealogy blogs that it was really hard to narrow down to 15.
Here is my list (in no particular order):


   1. Finding Eliza by Kristin Cleage     
   2. Genealogy Circle by Cindy Freed
   3. Our Alabama Roots by Luckie Daniels
   4. Claiming Kin by Marlive Taylor-Harris
   5. My True Roots by True A. Lewis
   6. Tracey's Tree by Tracey Hughes
   7. Roots Revealed by Melvin Collier
   8. Ancient Echos from the past by Xzanthia  Zuber
   9. Saving Stories by Robin Foster
 10. The Legal Genealogist by Judy Russell
 11. Pieces of Me by Stephani Miller
 12. Geneabloggers by Thomas MacEntee
 13. Repurposed Genealogy by Jennifer Campbell
 14. Carolina Girl Genealogy by  Cheri Hudson Passey
 15. Tracing Amy by Amy Cole


As I continue to explore my own Ancestry and conduct genealogy research, I am reminded I am here to honor the Ancestors. This experience is rewarding but there is no greater reward than to honor and cherish the legacy of those who have gone before us. This blog is a sincere tribute to my Ancestors, and I am truly appreciative of the those above for sharing the knowledge of their Ancestors as well as contributing to helping others in the genealogy community. It's all about Collaboration, Communication, and Support!


Humbly Submitted,


Dante' Eubanks

2 comments:

  1. Cousin Dante, your thank you post is very good. You have truly come into your own as a blogger. I know your Ancestors are so proud of you. I am too. I enjoy reading your posts. Keep up the good work. Peace and light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Cousin Bernita for always providing encouragement! This journey is amazing and I'm still in awe of the many discoveries each day and night! As we continue to unravel the Trammell, Barrow, Hurston/Hurlston mystery, I know we'll honor the Ancestors!

      Delete